Friday 2 December 2011

(Rachel)- "Bagels are like glue in your intestines and ensure that everything that enters your body will remain there until you die."

Well, Jess. What can I say. It seems that so much time has elapsed! I have just finished ordering 2 of Ieuan's presents. I reckon he will LOVE them. I do pride myself on my ability to choose presents for him...I've not had a christmas with him for SUCH a long time. It will be wonderful.

Anyway. Do you know something? If I wanted to, I could write a 2500 word essay in 2 days. Just saying. It's a tried and tested thing. The time consuming element of essay writing is the research. SO many times I have started to write about something awesome. Something I have come up with. Some theory about social constructions that I am entitled to pass off as my own because I made it! BUT, alas, essays do not work like that. You essentially have to say "This is what I think and so does *Insert name of prestigious historian*" Annoying? Annoying. ONE day, I will be the quoted historian. Jess? I want to be an historian.

Anyway, allow me to explain my choice of blog title. You see, I have recently become an even bigger fan or carbs than I was before. I have decided to embrace the bread!  That's right- you heard. I get SO ridiculously peckish between meals and I can't afford to literally make a 4th meal to dip into when I feel like it because then I would literally be eating constantly but a slice of toast is ample. SO, this means I go through bread more than I used to. Bread is wonderful. We love bread.

So I started taking my little tablets on monday. My vitamins. Nothing much to report...my face has been very dry- to the point of cracking and drawing blood at times but I slather on the clean and clear moisturiser and some coco butter and it seems to be working a treat. Other than that I am faring just fine. Certain aspects of my wedding preparations are occupying my mind quite readily but I have far too much work to do to let it overtake my life at this stage. University continues to go well and I am very much enjoying the work I am doing. I confess to being a little bossy to my dissertation superviser, Patrick (fondly known as Patricio...when I need something) as I have pushed him to give me deadlines so I can stay ahead of the game and be on top of things. Christmas will be the decider though. Have you considered what the human body can do when it sets its mind to something? 1 month of holiday time. Time to join in the felicitations with family members (x4 lots) time to spend with siblings (doing fun and exciting things), enough time to spend with Ieuan (there is no way I am going to keep this 3 week thing up when I am an hour away), time to get the dress fitted and altered, time for other wedding preparations, engagement photos, earn as much money as I can, and write at least a third of my dissertation... Bring it ON!!!

Would you like to hear about my weekend with Ieuan? Well, alright then, I'll tell you. SO....one of my favourite feelings in the world is getting ready to see Ieuan a short while before he arrives. I leave a lot of things to the last minute so I can be busy right up until the point in order that time doesn't drag, see? SO, I had just come out of the shower, got dressed and done some of my make-up when I hear a man's voice downstairs saying "Anyone home?" EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!! I get ridiculously excited when I see Ieuan. SO excited. I miss him a lot when I am not with him but seeing him for the first time makes it so worth it. I bolted down the stairs and jumped into his arms. Great feeling. We then snuggled down and watched you've got mail. The next day was very lazy indeed. We spent a lot of time catching up and talking, we had a cooked brunch consisting of scrambled eggs a-la- Rachel and sausages and lovely toast made from oaty bread. I KNOW! OATY BREAD! Eventually, we go around to doing something. We went out to Asda to collect some bits and bobs. Whilst we were there, we decided to set ourselves a supermarket challenge, which we do sometimes. This time, it was my turn to come up with the idea. I decided we would have 10 minutes to choose 2 outfits for the other person. One smart and one casual and then we'd try them on. "I won't need 10 minutes" Says he. Very well. 7 minutes. About 6 minutes later, whilst perusing the men's jeans aisle, armed with 2 great outfits, I get a phonecall. ".....I'm going to need the 10 minutes." =) Bless him. So I had a little longer to refine my choices and I met him in the designated rendezvous spot (and no, I did not sing the rendezvous song. Time and place, Jess! Honestly!) I was concerned at the lack of clothing. I could spy some slippers, some jeans and a top of some kind. C'est tout. I'd even accessorised his outfit with a great belt! Immediately, he set about  explaining himself. He said that all the clothes were horrible and he couldn't picture me in any of them so he started to think about what Lorelai would wear... SAVED! As for the slippers, they were perfect for me but...couldn't consitute either a smart or a casual outfit. We tried on our stuffs. He looked GREAT so....I won! Whoop. It was so funny- we had a blast. I love having him up here with me because it's proper, genuine Ieuan and Rachel time. We run on our own timetables and the world feels like our oyster! He left at about 5:30 on monday evening. I hate saying goodbye but I'm looking forward to 3 weeks time when I can see him again. I will be honest with you, Jess...on a slightly more serious note, I sometimes feel like I have spent enough time away from him, you know? So every single moment is an absolute treasure. I am so looking forward to being married to him. I hope married people never take for granted that they get to see their husbands every day. What a blessing!

So...Talk like Duncan Banatynne day? Och Hai the noo. That's my contribution. If that is inadequate, go back and read this aloud in a scottish accent! =) Hehehehe!
I have decided to ride in a trailer attached to Daddy's bike on my wedding day. Recipe for hilarity? I think so!

I loved reading about your experience with the doctor. I can well imagine it. I felt like I was inside your head!! I wish you had been with me at the unspeakables. You would have been useful to have whilst foreign objects were flying around causing abject horror and pain, you would have been very useful indeed.
I love you, Doibs. Must be off. I am sorry....I'm not in a very good mood today so this isn't especially funny but I promise to try harder next time!
All my love,

Snaff McSnaff. X

No comments:

Post a Comment