Friday 16 December 2011

Episode 2- Enui, Off-ui. (Rachel)

Jess, I promised a part 2 and here it is....

Well...WHAT can I say about this weather? Well...It's cold. Very cold. In fact, just this morning I received word that my ears are going to stage a mass walk-out with my nose in protest unless I start treating them better in these freezing conditions. Rumour has it that a few of my fingers intend to join too....you just can't get the staff.

Seriously, though, It is cold and I don't have a scarf up here with me so I have taken to inventing new methods of 'neck-warmth'. The first I tried did not go well. With my rucksack packed full of huge books, I already looked ridiculous walking up the hill to my bus. I didn't really need to add Daddy's huge jumper to the mix as well. No, not wearing it over the bag, etc. That would be silly. I wore it as a cape- the sleeves tied up around my neck to keep me warm. At first, I felt empowered. There I was in my navy trackie bottoms, tucked into my warm boots, my coat, my rucksack and my cape....the very essence of warmth! This empowerment quickly turned into bitter horror at myself. Why would I even consider doing that?? I looked UTTERLY ridiculous to an extent that I don't think I have ever experience before. I apologised to myself and pressed on up the hill, my cape flowing in the strong breeze....feeling stupid.
The next 'neck-warmth' method I employed was my cardigan. This is fairly self explainatory. I folded my cardigan in half, vertically, and wrapped it around my neck and tucked it into my coat. This was effective at keeping the wind out but, when I arrived at my lecture and de-layered, I realised that, at the end of the day, I was unwrapping a cardigan from around my neck. Ridiculous.
I know what you are thinking. Yes, I could have borrowed one of Jess' scarves but, I had impetigo and I didn't want to spread it. You know, you know.

Whilst we're on the subject of Impetigo, I suppose you are wondering how I am getting on. Well, I don't blame you. As it happens, I am cured! The cream worked wonders. You can still see the red marks where the disease ravaged my face but, those will fade after a while and, hopefully, go away completely. I was talking to Mum yesterday and I figured that this was payback for my collossal moaning about strech marks. I bet someone thought it would be hilarious to put hideous markings in a place where they would be blatantly obvious and where people would actually see them. Well, thank you! It worked! I was treated like I had the freaking bubonic plague for about a week and have learnt my lesson. I mean, Jess and Harriet actually put their toothbrushes in a separate cup, used a separate hand towel and different toothpaste...way to make a girl feel like a massive, walking pandemic. An ugly contagion! (Mind you, they were sensible. I would have advised them to do exactly that!) Anyway, I really have learnt my lesson. I would rather have a couple of tiny stretch marks than Impetigo. Maybe. =) I am thrilled to report that the toothbrushes are now residing in the same cup again. Hooray!

Well, I think that is all I have to say for now. I do hope you feel better soon, Snaffs. I don't like to think of you being poorly. Just think of all the fun we will have when I am back! Whoop!
Anyway...love you, Humphers.

Love,

Shams. xxx

It was snowing this morning. HUGE, heavy flakes of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment